Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy. This meatloaf is dressed up with a seasoned mushroom gravy. This tasty meatloaf and gravy are a snap to prepare and bake. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until tender and browned and the liquid has evaporated.
I made this gravy with the meatloaf recipe found on this site called "Brown Sugar Meatloaf" without the brown sugar and ketchup, also substituted the crackers for Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs and a. Remove the meatloaf from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Two meals in one from this delish dish! You undertake brewing sauté Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy accepting 20 program and 10 along with. Here you are do.
prescription of Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy
- You need 1 Pound of chuck , ground.
- Prepare 1 Pound of veal , ground.
- You need 1 Pound of chicken pork or , ground.
- You need 2 of eggs , lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion , finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 Cup of milk.
- You need 3 of white bread (crust removed) Slice.
- Prepare To Taste of kosher salt.
- You need To Taste of black pepper , freshly ground.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of onion , finely chopped.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of canola oil.
- It's 2 Cups of beef broth.
- It's 8 Ounces of mushrooms , sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of flour.
- It's 1/4 Cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 Clove of garlic , minced.
Didn't someone say that once, and isn't it true? Great gravies and sauces always seem to transform any dish and take it to a place that leaves you secretly wanting to lick your. If you're a comfort food lover. The meatloaf itself is tender with two kinds of meat, garlic, onions and worcestershire.
Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy procedure
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees..
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, ground pork, ground chicken, and onion. Mix by hand and set aside..
- Tear the trimmed white bread into small pieces. Place into a bowl and soak the bread in the milk..
- Add the beaten eggs, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestshire sauce to the bowl with the soaked bread. Mix lightly by hand, and then combine with the meat. Add salt and pepper. Continue to mix by hand until all ingredients are blended together..
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place into a baking pan that has sides. Place the meatloaf into the oven and cook for one hour at 400 degrees..
- While the meatloaf is cooking, prepare the mushroom gravy on the stove. In a medium pan or pot, add the oil and butter and allow it to heat for 2 minutes on medium heat..
- Add the onions and garlic. Sweat over low heat until tender and translucent. Add the mushrooms and turn up to medium heat. After about 5 minutes, add the flour. Saute until browned and tender..
- Add the beef broth and heavy cream, and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Turn off the heat and let the gravy sit until the meatloaf has finished cooking..
- After one hour, take the meatloaf out of the oven and let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes. Slice the meatloaf and serve with mushroom gravy on top..
Now I know that meatloaf is traditionally topped with ketchup and my little guys might prefer it that way, but. Meatloaf with mushroom gravy is a savory blend of veal and pork with lots of fresh sage and a handful of spices that'll make you sit up and take notice. Not to denigrate that style, but my meatloaf with mushroom gravy flips the notion of traditional meatloaf on its head. GRAVY: Saute mushrooms and onions in butter until limp. Meatloaf is the quintessential American comfort food, and Chef Bill Briwa gives this classic dish a healthy twist with mushrooms.