Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf. Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf (Chả Trứng Hấp) A simple savoury dish of ground pork, shrimp, and eggs mixed with mung bean noodles and crispy wood ear mushrooms, topped with golden egg yolks, and steamed to perfection. Great recipe for Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf. Commonly seen on Vietnamese rice dishes, these egg meatloaves are traditionally steamed.
Main ingredients include pork, egg, and mung bean noodle. For this gluten-free recipe, you can either bake the meatloaf in an oven or steam it in a steamer. Here, we can easily achieve the same in the air fryer. You fulfill toasting deep fry Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf accepting 11 compound so 8 than. Here you go do.
method of Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf
- It's 15 g of wood ear mushrooms.
- You need 20 g of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot shredded or grated.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 60 g of mung bean noodles glass noodles.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
The result is just as delicious! Stir in some cooked ground meat if you would like to make it into a non-vegetarian dish. Overview of Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf (Cha Trung) Egg Meatloaf is a popular dish in the South of Vietnam. People in the South often serve a slice or wedge of egg meatloaf with grilled pork chop and rice.
Vietnamese Vegetarian Egg Meatloaf program
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms and wood ear mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes. Once they are softened, squeeze out excess water in the shiitake mushrooms and thinly slice both mushrooms..
- Soak mung bean noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes then cut them into 2 inch sections..
- Crack 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites into a large bowl and save the 2 egg yolks in a small bowl for later use..
- Add milk into the large bowl and use a whisk to mix until homogenous. Add all the ingredients, except for the egg yolks, into the large bowl and mix..
- Spray some oil in a mini loaf pan and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Smooth out he top surface as much as possible since anything that sticks out of the surface will likely to be charred during the air frying process..
- Air fry at 280F (140C) for 16-18 minutes until the egg is set..
- In the meantime, add a pinch of salt into the small bowl containing the egg yolks and mix..
- When the egg loaf is done, pour the egg yolk on top and spread it evenly over the egg loaf. Air fry again at 400F (200C) for about 2 minutes until the egg yolks are hardened..
If uncooked check again every five minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for ten minutes. Serve the egg meatloaf with rice, accompanied with the fish sauce mixture. Spread some of the green onion oil on top of the rice and meatloaf. Mắm Chưng, in short, is the Vietnamese meatloaf.