Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake.
You fulfill frying coddle Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake accepting 14 technique furthermore 8 as well as. Here is how you take care of.
ingredients of Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake
- You need 200 g of softened butter.
- It's 200 g of caster sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare of Juice and zest of 1 and half lemon.
- Prepare of Soft Blueberry jam.
- You need 400 g of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare 100 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare of Lemon glaze.
- Prepare 300 g of icing sugar.
- It's Half of lemon juice and zest.
Lemon drizzle with blueberry compote swirl cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C (160 c fan). Grease and flour a cake tin or line with paper case. Sieve flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together and set aside..
- Cream butter and sugar with electronic hand mixture in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy..
- Add the eggs one at the time and continue beat it until it smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and mix well..
- In a small saucepan, heat up blueberries, icing sugar until sugar dissolved. Turn the heat of and leave it to cook down..
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin up until half way through then add some blueberry jam in. Use a fork or bbq skewer to swirl the blueberry jam around the top up with the rest of the cake mixture..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. You can test if your cake cooked through by put a wooden skewer right in the middle of the cake and if they cooked the wooden skewer will come out dry..
- Make a glaze, mixing icing sugar with lemon juice. You will have to check your icing mixture as it needs to be a very think consistency. If it’s too runny you can add some more icing sugar in..
- When the cake is totally cool, drizzle the lemon icing over it and sprinkle some lemon zest on top..